The student review website that provides all the information you need about Irish colleges and 3rd level courses!

Review Detail

National University of Ireland Galway (NUIG)
Overall rating 

Course 

Lectures 

Career Opportunities 

Review

Course
As a mature student went into the course not knowing what to expect.
Found it very difficult at first, which is normal for anyone trying to study after a period of 10 years out to education.

I was very fortunate to really enjoy the programming side of the course which meant that up 75% of the course work involved programming in some way.

The course offered a lot of help to students like myself who struggled but were willing to put in the work to catch up. We had extra Math tutorials made available for us when needed. Help was never refused but it is very important that you speak to your course advisers to make it available.
Lectures
The lectures overall were good, one aspect that I was disappointed with was that the lectures were all theory based. It would have been really useful to have to practical experience with some to the computer hardware we were learning about.
Career Opportunities
The IT sector is one of the best sectors to graduate in.

In 2010 all the graduates from all the courses in Ireland covered only 20% of the demand. There is still a huge demand today not only in Ireland but all over the world.

I have been lucky enough to have worked in San Francisco and now Manchester because of the course.
Overall Comments
Great course for those willing to put in the work.
Great lecturers and admin staff.
Grate city for living and studying in.

Reviewer Details

I am
Graduated
Year of Graduation
Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account